Today has been a great day. For those of you who read my ‘Black Friday Madness’ post, you know that I’m not much of a competitive shopper. However, after lazing around the house for most of the day my parents and I decided to try the stores and see if we found anything. Let me tell you, we were pleasantly surprised in finding some treasures among the scraps of the initial hours of Black Friday. Finding out about this was just the icing on the cake!
I was nominated by Fico from the blog Fico’s Gaming Mind, and thanks again! I’m honored that you thought my blog was ‘Real Neat’ enough to nominate me. Thank you! His blog is creative, insightful and inspiring to read so please check out his blog!
For those who aren’t familiar with ‘The Real Neat Blog Award’, here are the rules:
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
It isn’t a requirement to accept the nomination but because it’s the season of giving, why don’t we pay it forward? It’s a cycle of encouragement and positivity! Now, for the questions I have to answer.
- What is your favorite video game? If not a video gamer, what is your favorite board game, card game, etc…?
I’m not much of a gamer per say, but I do enjoy the Nintendo game Animal Crossing. It has cute characters and doesn’t have a definitive goal so you can keep playing at your own leisure. I find it very relaxing.
- Would you rather travel around, or stay home?
I like to stay home when I’ve been away for too long, but traveling is so fun! So, I would say I would rather travel.
- What is your preferred genre of music?
I’m really into indie/alternative music. The majority of my tastes change but these are the basis of where my music tastes are.
- Do you love technology or do you dread the machine overlords to take over?
Yes, I love technology! I love playing apps and updating my blog from my phone but I also appreciate the moments when I can put the phone down and enjoy the world around me.
- Are you a fan of anime (Japanese animation)? If so, what is your favorite anime? If not, what is your favorite cartoon show?
I’m a big fan of anime, and because I am it will be hard to choose one favorite. Ones that I won’t get tired of watching over and over again are the Shojo anime like ‘Ouran High School Host Club’ or ‘Ore Monogatari.’ Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy Shonen anime like ‘Death Note’ or ‘Attack on Titan’ as well.
- What is your favorite Disney Pixar movie? All of them are not an acceptable answer and none of them isn’t either…unless you really don’t like any of them. In which case, please tell me why.
Again, another hard one. It’s so difficult choosing one of so many works of Disney/Pixar art! However, I will choose one of the more recent movies. ‘Brave’ has my favorite type of female protagonist, strong headed and confident yet still vulnerable enough to be relatable. I love Merida and her firey spirit, as well as the Celtic inspiration that was heavily applied throughout the film. I love her relationship with her mother in the film as well, it reminds of my own mother.
- Do you like coffee? I don’t, and I’m probably not going to, anytime soon. Also share, if you like, how you like drinking your coffee as well?
I like coffee in the morning with just enough creamer to change the dark, rich color into something smooth like a caramel shade. If I have it later in the day, it has to be something fancy like a frappuccino or a latte.
Listed below are the blogs that I believe are worthy of this award. (And if you’ve already been nominated then it’s twice as nice!)
- Hot Plate Kate
- A Beautiful Day
- A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales
- Putting My Feet in the Dirt
- A Reading Writer
Here are the questions I am asking my nominees:
- What is your favorite quote?
- What song are you listening to right now? If you’re not listening to anything, what is your favorite song?
- What made you start blogging?
- What sort of weather is your favorite? (Rainy, sunny, etc.)
- What do you plan on achieving with your blog?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite meal of the day?
Thank you again to Fico for nominating me, it was a wonderful piece of encouragement at the end of a good day. I hope to keep up this blog for a long time, I’m just getting started! Until next time, cheers my dears!